Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Experiments with Training!!!!!


My B.E classmate is working in a training institute & she has been asking me to join as a part-time consultant in her training institute. They maintain a trainer network like this with full-time employees & people like me who did out of their interest. I was also very interested in that for that would give me a chance to interact with people from varied backgrounds. Last weekend (29/Oct/2006) they had organized a get-together for all the people involved & I was supposed to give a small talk about myself.

I was a bit tensed even before going there. When I saw the people who had come there, I was literally shaking. Some hint of the people who had come
1) Grandson of Sir C.V.Raman
2) A person with 35 years of Sales experience
3) A person who has worked with Mr.Kalam during the SLV launch!!!
4) A great presenter of the name Mr........... If this person had talked for 3 hrs, nobody would have complained about it

As my friend had told me that I need not do any presentation, I had not prepared anything. But all the new people who had volunteered had prepared on some topic or the other. So, I had to make up most of my presentation there. The thing that I did is that I added additional points to the previous presentations that were made & saved my life!!!! At the end of it all, I was so excited to be there in that session. I got some appreciation also from some of the people there for my extempore speech. I felt very happy about it as those are some really BIG people!!!!

No comments: