Sunday, November 05, 2006

How to lose a cricket game - A case study!!!

Let me be kind in my words about the pathetic batting display by the West Indians. I can always assume that they had a 'Really really' bad day at office & so their batting did not click. Sadly, nothing would be further from the truth than this assumption. Chris Gayle & Chanderpaul had one of the best starts by any team against Australia in recent times and finally they end up getting all out for 138!!!!!



At the end of 10 overs, the windies were at a score of 80 odd and all that they had do was to score 4 to 4.5 runs/over from there on which would have left them at a score of around 240 to 260, a decent score to defend against the strong batting line up of the Australians. And what do they end up doing? They play horrendously & end up with an undefendable score of 138. The Indians would have done better. We do have the likes of Harbhajan Singh & Munaf patel in our 'Strong' batting lineup.

My friend was of the opinion that two of the best teams of the tournament are playing in the finals. I had my doubts when he said that & my doubts stand vindicated by the windies batting display. The only consolation is that the match is not over yet & someone might want to say that 'Anything' can happen in cricket. Let me be practical to assume that the Aussies will run away with the match once the game resumes.

No comments: