Friday, May 02, 2008

Change is the only constant thing!

It's time for me to reinvent myself & my blog. If lack of time was one of the reasons for neglecting my blog for sometime, lack of motivation is the more serious problem that I had to address to keep the blog going. To drive these out, I am planning on writing on two new topics (New for me!!!). Apart from the fact that these topics occupy less of my time, it is the fact that they are close to my heart that makes these new things all the more interesting for me and makes me take these up.

101 thoughts/ideas flow through my mind everyday and still I am not doing a great job in capturing these random thoughts in paper/blog. Under the topic "According To Me" (ATM in short), I am planning on scribbling those thoughts for people to comment and debate. What will this 'According To Me' have? From descriptions of the idlies of Madurai to the idiosyncrasies of life, from Karl Marx to Kamasutra, from rocket science to Royal Challengers, anything that captures my mind for a fleeting second and makes me think will find its way into this space. If you are looking for some great ideas then this is not the place for you! I am looking forward to creating some heated arguments through these topics. After all, I am an "Argumentative Indian" with a love for controversies.

Music plays a very important part in my life. From listening to almost all the new releases (In Tamil, of course) to tracking down & listening to not-so-popular hit numbers of Ilayaraaja, not a day passes without having some music playing. There are some songs that capture our imaginations and transport us to a different phase our life reminding us of the times (good & bad) that we have passed. Anytime we hear those songs, they take us through a nostalgic trip to a different place & time. It could either be the carefree, fun-filled days of our childhood, the unrecoverable & immutable lovely college days or the hard working days in front of the computer at office. Each one of us have our own set of such songs & through "Thana-Nana Thaana-Nana", I plan to fine-tune my thoughts on such songs. Do not expect any technical analysis of the songs for I am below the level of a novice when it comes to identifying raagas and instruments. These articles would just be limited to how I feel on hearing these songs and the places to which they transport me to.

As usual, I expect your comments and suggestions on ways to improve my blog, my writing and ultimately my inner self.

No comments: