Friday, May 02, 2008

According To Me: Greatest Book Ever

I have this list of top 100 books (fiction & non-fiction) that I got from a website. My search these days - to a small extent atleast - consist of searching for these books in libraries and old book shops. I suddenly got this question on what is the greatest book that I have read till now & what would be the best book that I would read in my lifetime?

I somehow feel that 'life' on earth and the interactions of people would be the greatest book that I will ever get to read. All the books (the literal ones) that I have read till now & will be reading in the future seems to me to be just a preparation for me to understand this beautiful book of life that God has written for all of us to read, learn and understand. I am sure that my friend who is a bigtime movie buff would have also realized that the most astounding piece of movie that he ever gets to watch would be the great play called life that the director God plays out for each of us. May be it is God's way of training each of us to understand life in our own sweet terms. My intuition says that there would come a point in my life when I should throw away all my books(hard & soft copies) and start immersing myself in this 'life' book; for that is where my greatest learning would come from.

4 comments:

Barath said...

Sir, you have the thought and goal to immerse in life...just the right focus could drown you...what else other than a biggest stone tied to your leg and your arms tied can sink you in the world of LIFE :)... talk to your parents or talk to people around and get married :)

Howard Roark said...

Barath,
Thanks for ur great advice :-)

Cheers,
Nagesh.

Ashok said...

"Right focus could drown you" - That is priceless :-P.

Anyways, I am not sure about "God" though but definitely life is a book with torn pages and sexy pictures for sure. But in the current fast life, I believe movies and books stops to think about the intricacies of it. The emotions, the pain, the pleasure, the irritation, the frustration, the helplessness, the uselessness, the peer pressure, the responsibilities, "drowning" as my Barath said is another way of looking at it too :-). It is interesting when there are people to capture those and put it in books for the imbeciles like us to see it time to time.

Howard Roark said...

Ashok,
The whole point is that there will come a point in our lives when we would have learnt whatever is there to be learnt from the books/movies and our inherent quest for knowledge would drive us towards life (And may be crazy as well :-) )

Cheers,
Nagesh.