Monday, February 05, 2007

Besant Nagar beach -- Photos

This weekend I had been to Besant Nagar beach & obviously with my camera. Had a rich haul of photos and some of them came really well. One of the best things about digital camera is the 'Sepia' tone photos and the black & white photos that can be taken with them. These photos turn out to be more natural than the conversions that can be done with softwares like Picassa.

Photo #1
Photo #1: The masks that were on sale had a kaleidoscope like colors & it was too good to be missed.

Photo #2
Photo #2: The boy selling the cotton puffs. The pink color of the cotton puffs, the light blue sky & sea all seem neutralized in the sepia tone and gives a surrealistic image of the setting. The briskness of the boy selling the goods is something that would remain in my memory image for quite sometime.

Photo #3
Photo #3: A black & white photo of a battered hand pulled cart. On a buzzing environment like the beach, this dilapidated cart presents quite a stark contrast. The B & W seems to add more meaning to the picture.


Photo #4
Photo #4: A poor old man walking through the crowds asking for help. This again provided a chance to capture the contrast that existed in the environment. With people around having fun in the beach, an old man asking for money gave a sad picture. The two dogs sleeping in the midst of all the commotion is yet another contrast.

(It would be really helpful for me if visitors could post their comments & ratings for the photos. Thanks)

7 comments:

Ashok said...

Very Nice Photos ! I Liked Photo # 1 mainly due to the colour it brought out. Also I took it as a symbolic representation of humans trying always desiring to be some one for the things they cannot do as themselves. It is a vacation from themselves (sorry to steal this line from "Seinfeld"). Rest of the photos are good as well but somehow missed the emotions in the midst of some very lightly blurried contrast. My opinion is it overdid the emotions a bit out of the line. Regardless of my minute detail criticism, very enjoyable photos indeed. Keep shooting the moments.

Sankar said...

Nice photos Nagesh. I generally like the photos with these special modes and especially like the B&W ones since they bring out the real image... I wish I tried more of these modes when I take out my camera...
Keep it going...

Howard Roark said...

Thanks Sanky & Ashok.

Sanky,
If U r using canon, U could use the 'Scene Slection' menu for taking fotos under different external conditions. Beach mode & Foliage would come really handy.

Cheers,
Nagesh.

Kannan said...

Great shots! Thats a cool feature you have on that camera.

When I visited besant nagar beach during my last visit, I was really disappointed with the sanitation. I bought an Ice cream from a vendor, and when I wanted to dispose the wrapper, I couldn't find a trash can! I walked almost half the stretch of the beach but still couldn't find a trash can. I was really disappointed with the beach maintanence or lack of it. If you took some pictures of the garbage lying around, perhaps you could send some to deccan herald which I understand is trying to bring more awareness in people.

Howard Roark said...

Thanks Kannan.

I would surely do what U r saying the next time around.

Cheers,
Nagesh.

Aru said...

Well..The thought process behind the old man's pic is really appreciatable. I happen to read the photographic lessoons that you have in the link and i am able to assosciate the style you have used in your pics with them. !! Great goin!

Unknown said...


I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.


Packers and Movers besant nagar