Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Vijayawada Trip Images -- Part III

There is something engrossing about photos of people and their emotions. Myriad amount of thoughts go through the minds of people and when these are captured in a candid camera, they offer the best kind of images and the most satisfaction for a photographer. Given below is a series of snaps of various people and at various locations in Vijayawada.

Photo #1

Photo #1: A saint walking near the river Krishna. His colorful attire, the trident in his hands, the matted hair and the yellow vermilion smeared on his forehead was something that conveyed a lot of strength. I did not get a lot of time to capture this image for there were a lot of people taking bath in the river and I had to hurry with my snap.

Photo #2

Photo #2: There is something so soothing and peaceful about children playing in a park. Their carefree nature when mixed with the spaciousness of a park brings out the best from children. This small guy(The one in the white shirt) was slowly climbing up the ladder to go down the slide and I immediately got ready with my camera. Unfortunately, his elder brother (The one in the blue shirt) took him in his lap to go down the slide. Just before I could snap the moment, the elder brother found out that I was getting ready for taking a photo. The way in which the small guy is expectantly looking down at the slide unmindful of everything else around him best summarizes the picture.

Photo #3

Photo #3: A tricycle driver lost in his world. He seems to be totally dwelling in his own thought train with no awareness to the fact that he is driving in the wrong side of the road. This photo was shot near the hotel in which I stayed.

Photo #4

Photo #4: A person begging for alms from people returning from the Kanaga Durga temple. The kaleidoscopic nature of her dress, the dark tone of her skin and the innocent looking child in front of her evoked so deep a feeling that I couldn't help but snap this photo. The fact that I was walking down the stairs when I took this photo explains the blurred looking nature of this image.

No comments: