Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Book not written!!!

How would you feel if someone gives an interview about a book they have written and finally ends up saying that they have not read the book? This is exactly what Steve Harmison does in this interview. It is indeed a well known fact that the tour diaries and other books from popular sports personalities are "Ghost Written" by someone else. Does it mean that the person whose name has been credited with writing it not even read it once before approving for publishing?

The transcript of the interview where Harmison coolly says about not having read the book:
I ask how he came to write the book. "It came about when Marcus went home. He was writing a diary with Justin Langer and, when he went home, they asked me if I'd do it. I thought, 'Yeah, why not? I've not been involved in a book before.'" Did he have to be very disciplined to maintain the diary? "Not really. I've not read the book but what I'm hearing from the feedback of people who've glanced through it is that it's a pretty honest opinion of what happened." (Taken from cricinfo)

It amounts to cheating the public & their fans who dish out the money to buy the book only to find at a later point of time that the 'Popular' star has no clue whatsoever on what has been written in the book. A sad state of affairs indeed in the world of sports.

No comments: