Saturday, December 23, 2006

Rights for Robots!!!!!

I did see this coming but never expected this to happen by the year 2056. In a report coming out of U.K, robots are expected to be given the same rights as humans sometime in the next 50 years.

The development in artificial intelligence in the coming years and hence the ability of the robots to think independently would act as a major factor in going the above said way. I am not in a position to think whether this is needed or not for I have still not recovered from the 'creepy' feeling that I had on learning that we have succeeded in producing robots that have the ability to 'learn' about itself. Let me not post anything improper on this report of giving rights to robot & pave way for a robot suing me at a later point of time!!!!

3 comments:

sampath said...

This is interesting man...

So the Robots get conjugal visits and can be penalized under POTA and domestic violence etc. way to go...

I wish we can deploy robots in kargil and military positions where worst climatic conditions prevail.

lmurali said...

Well well well.... i-Robot movie is not far away from becoming a reality (may be not in our time, but definitely in the near future)... I am sure all of you would have seen the movie or atleast any other fiction movie where robots take over mankind... :) For people who want to know about iRobot, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot_(film)

Howard Roark said...

I have no issues on robots getting equal rights as humans. What worries me though is the feeling that we humans are creating things that we have not 'understood' fully!!!!