Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cellphones

There are some inventions that make you wonder not just at the 'Power' of that invention but also at the 'Added Features' to that invention(In all the wrong ways,though!). The cellphone, invented by some xyz is one such technical gizmo that make you go sane & insane at the same time depending on which part of the world you live in at that particular moment.

How will someone explain the so many noises or the 'technically correct' word called as ringtones? Someone has a noise of a baby crying, that of a dog barking, an alien smiling and whatever noise that they could lay their hands (or ears) on is made into a 'Ringtone'.

Here is a person who walks unto you and asks about the various features of your cellphone as though these features make the 'Lifeline' of your everyday existence. Does it have a radio? A torchlight? A camera? A pacemaker? A remote to control their brains? Why should a cellphone have anything other than the ability to talk with people is something that always beats me.



Then there is this person talking seemingly to thin air making me wonder about the technological advances in 'Wireless Technology' till I was brought down to earth (And further below as well) by my friend who explained me about the concept of 'Hands Free' to me. Technology DOES drive people insane for sure!!!!

And the purpose of having a video ringtone is also something that my primitive mind always fails to comprehend. Will the person having this video ringtone be watching the video and forget to attend to the call before the caller disconnects because of frustration?(And who would like to pick a call from your friend when 'Aishwarya Rai' is dancing for you!!!!!!) Maybe that is the whole point of having a video ringtone.

And last but not the least of the insanities of a cellphone user is the ubiquity of the device itself. Every person on earth seems to have ATLEAST one cellphone that you are left wondering whether you should be giving your old cellphone to your dog and buying a costly model (One with all the 'Features', video ringtones and other 'Useful' stuff). But the only problem with that approach is that I would never be able to tell whether my dog is talking(barking) to me or whether I am getting another call(Well, I have a dog barking as my ringtone!!!)

Excuse me folks. I have to finish my article at this point. My cellphone is ringing!!!!!!!

1 comment:

kari_the_sin said...

good! use comment filter in the options menu.