Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Photos for Fun -- Part II

Till now, I never realized the importance of having a good optical zoom camera. I have been pretty satisified with my Canon A95 camera and the photos that it has been giving me. The various scene selections that are possible in this camera is amazing and is more than sufficient for an amateur photographer like me. I had a chance to use my friend's cameras and that is when I realized the need for an optical zoom in the camera. I used the Canon S2 IS and also the Olympus SP500UZ cameras and these cameras left me amazed by the kind of photographs that I can get with these. Below I have given some of the photos that I took with the Olympus camera.

Photo #1

Photo #1: I have taken so many snaps of this flower using my camera and it has never come this well. The color reproduction and the way in which each and every strand of the stamen of the flower is visible is just amazing.

Photo #2

Photo #2: Cats are never my favorite animals and so I did not take photos of the cat when my friends were clicking away photos of this one during out trip to Udupi. Finally, I took up the camera from my friend and my friends had let go the cat by this time. The cat started chasing something in the nearby wood pile and I couldnt resist myself from clicking this photo. The blurred out background and the various shades in the picture make it a decent one.

Photo #3

Photo #3: A water drop on a big leaf!!! Every photographer's dream snap. The crystal like water drop & the light green shade of the leaves makes this near perfect. (It would have been perfect if only I had the patience to cover the entire leaf. A small portion of the leaf is now missing in the left hand side of the photo)

Photo #4

Photo #4: A fluttering butterfly in an open space is one of the toughest to capture in a camera. This one kept flying from one plant to another so fast that it was almost impossible to get a proper snap. I got lucky and I ended up with this decent shot. It would have been a lot better if I had zoomed in a bit further but with the amount of time that I had to shoot this snap, this is all that I could ask for!!!

3 comments:

Barath said...

Boss, Olympus lens Rocks! I dont have an SLR, but my Olympus Digicam captures light and color much better than any recent Canon or Nikon Digicams... I really liked the snap of the cat! very nice, black & white in green background!
Guess we should share some photography tips, rather you should share with me :-)

Howard Roark said...

Ohh yes. I loved the olympus camera. All said and done, I am a BIG fan of the Canon cameras. The number of features/modes that are available and the ease of use make me prefer Canon (Or may be it is just that I have got so used to my camera that anything different takes me a lot of time to adjust).

Regarding photography tips, me itself one toddler in that area.

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/adding-randomness-to-your-photos/

This is one fun to do list with Ur camera and U might find it interesting.

Cheers,
Nagesh.

Howard Roark said...

Barath,
This is one of the best things that I have come across. Lots of tips and it is worth reading.

http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php

Cheers,
Nagesh.