Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Eating My Words!!!

It is one of the most unpleasant things that can happen to you: to be forced to eat your words! Tendulkar has just proven me and my predictions wrong. He has performed extraordinarily well in England and is making me look real bad. I have no qualms in accepting that I have been proved wrong by the greatness of Tendulkar. The fact that Tendulkar is batting so well is good news for India and the Indian fans. India were able to escape from the jaws of defeat at Lords and now they have won the test at Nottingham. With the animosity in the ground increasing between the teams, the third and final test at Oval is poised for a great finish. Add to the fact that a draw would mean that this would be the first defeat of England at home after their defeat at the hands of Aussies in 2001.

3 comments:

Aru said...

hahaha..eating your words and a nnice pic for it i shud say !..well i was so relieved and just remembered the comments section conversation(heated :) ) .
and reg the blogroll, dude wud u think i wud say no?. please add it and im honored is all i can say !..and keep witting and visitn bosS !!

Howard Roark said...

Thanx Aru.

Cheers,
Nagesh.

Vamsi said...

Well.... I know people were mad at Nagesh for his views and opinions on Tendulkar.... and he feels he's done injustice to the calibre of the "Demi-God".

But even he would not deny the fact that though Tendulkar got the runs, he was complacent in facing a lot of the bowlers and it was only his gutsy determination not to throw away his wicket that made him score runs more than the calibre... as a matter of fact, while watching the innings, I felt Tendulkar pale down before the flamboyance of Ganguly, or the flair of Dinesh Karthik. Even Anil Kumble scored a ton faster than him in that Test victory, but ofcourse, England bowling had practically given up by then. So yeah, both our detractors and maybe even Nagesh, might claim that he is doing what is wanted of him.... but the sad part for me is, I have witnessed the real Sachin Tendulkar a long time ago... I doubt if I will see that again.