Saturday, August 27, 2005

Thiruvasagam by Ilayaraaja: Audio Review

Me & a music review? The thought itself provoked some kind of strange feeling in my heart. I had a hundred questions in my mind, the main one being whether I am qualified enough to write a musical review itself & that too on a monumental work as the "Thiruvasagam". Should I be proficient in classical & western music to write musical reviews? Should I know the nuances & differences between rhythm, beats and various other 'Technical' jargons associated with music? Should I be Subbudu's (A veteran musical critic) disciple to do reviews? Hmmmmmmmm. The conclusion that I could finally reach is that I could still give musical reviews as a layman with not an iota of musical knowledge but simple appreciation of God's beauty in playing with sounds.
Now let me get down to the business of doing the review itself. If there is one sentence that could describe my feeling after listenening to this CD is " I am lucky to hear this music". It could also be described as 'Out of the World' & 'Brilliant'. The genius that Ilayaraaja is, he has put his heart & soul (And everything else inbetween) to this compilation.
The CD has 6 musical pieces & each one has been carved into a masterpiece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simple and nice review.